The following terms and conditions shall apply to the Afrobloggers Awards.
- There should be no self-Nomination (to foster networking content creators can lobby for nomination in the back ground)
- The person Nominating should provide details of their contacts that they can be able respond to promptly
- A sound reason should be spelled out clearly why you are nominating someone in a given category
- The platform being nominated should have had active content going back the last 13 months to the point of nomination.
- The individual being nominated details and contacts that are active should be provided and if they are not reachable they on that note get dropped.
- If you are nominating someone you have to inform them and they should be in agreement with the undertaking.
- The digital work being nominated should fit the category
- Afrobloggers will contact every nominated content creator for confirmation
- Only Confirmed digital work, submitted during the stipulated nomination period will be considered in the awards
Shortlisting for Voting
- The nominees along with all their nominators will be grouped in to clusters defined by the award categories to form a conference of members
- Previous winners and nominees are automatic members of a given conference of members
- Active members of the Afrobloggers Community will join respective conferences of members as deemed fit going by their creative credentials
- From 175 members of the Afrobloggers World online community as of Friday 18th 2022 can jointly invite an member of the public to join a conference of members given the joint call is made up of two members from two different countries on and off the continent
- At the start of this stage guidelines to be followed to reach a shortlist of 4 will be followed
- Lobbying members for support is permitted
- The Afrobloggers team will only guide the process and not influence the outcome
- This process through the guidelines will double as the judging process through the conference of members for each category
- In the event of a sponsor for a given category, an amicable position will be reached to safe guard the integrity of Afrobloggers and at the same time facilitate the interests of the said party pertaining to the awards process.
- The voting will have two phases the first will be by the general public 40%
- The second phase will be by the conference of members who would have been part of the shortlisting 60% and believed to have gone through the sites and digital platforms
- Blogger of the year will be limited to active members
- Results will be tallied by the Afrobloggers team and verified by selected individuals from the pull of conference of members
- The Afrobloggers Awards are open to Africans only but they will be a special category for Non-Africans that associate, promote and contribute to the community
- Afrobloggers staff will only take part in the collaboration project category which is new.
- Violation of the Afrobloggers Awards Terms and conditions will lead to disqualification
The return of the Afrobloggers Endorsement honour, it can’t be applied for. It will be given to individuals/organisations suggested by fellow content creators/organizations for their part in promoting the African narrative and esteemed support towards fellow content creators.