The Afrobloggers blogging fellowship was developed in 2022, as a way to groom and encourage the next generation of African digital storytellers who are interested in taking up content creation but are not sure how to start telling their story. The programme aims at providing them with the tools, resources, and training they need to become successful bloggers.
The programme is designed to equip participants with the skills and knowledge they need to create high-quality content, engage with their audiences, and build their blog online presence. One of the key features of the programme is its emphasis on community-building. Fellows are encouraged to collaborate with each other, share their experiences and knowledge, and build a network of like-minded bloggers and content creators across Africa.
The programme is open to bloggers and storytellers from all over Africa, regardless of their age and level of experience. However, applicants must demonstrate a commitment to using their skills and knowledge to create positive change in their communities.
The programme runs for one month and includes a mix of online training sessions, mentorship, and practical assignments. Fellows also receive a certificate of completion at the end of the programme.
The Afrobloggers Blogging Fellowship Programme is an excellent initiative that is empowering African bloggers and storytellers to tell their stories, share their perspectives, and create positive change in their communities. It is a programme that will make a real difference in the lives of its participants and help to create a more diverse, inclusive, and vibrant media landscape in Africa.
By the end of the programme, the fellows will learn:
- How to properly optimize their websites in order to increase their organic reach.
- To diversify their content and find their spaces in the Vlogging and podcasting world.
- How to mainstream topics about their niche.
- The importance of using their social media platform to promote their published content.
- To identify types of blogs as well as set up and run a simple blog.
- How their creativity can impact their wellness.
- Strategies and tips to build an audience for their blogs.
- Afrobloggers blogging fellowship programme aims at providing training and resources to help participants develop the skills needed to write effective blog posts, produce good video and podcast content, create engaging content, and build an audience.
- The blogging fellowship programme aims to connect participants with other bloggers and mentors.
- The blogging fellowship programme will foster creativity and encourage participants to explore new ideas and approaches to blogging, vlogging, and podcasting.
- Afrobloggers blogging fellowship programme promotes diversity and inclusivity and aims to support and amplify participants’ work.
- The blogging fellowship programme will help participants develop the skills and networks needed to advance their storytelling journey.
- Open to Africans.
- Must have a stable internet connection.
- Available on set dates for the programme.
Become our Fellow
|Cohort||Application Start Date|
|Cohort 1||8th March 2022 – 19th March 2022|
|Cohort 2||17th April 2023 – 29th April 2023|